I’m excited to share this great and super easy to make breakfast treat! My Pumpkin Swirl Cream of Wheat made with HOOD Simply Smart Milk is perfect for your autumn mornings. In the past I usually made this recipe with skim milk but not any more. I try to make sure that everything I put on the table for my kids to eat is of high quality and good for them. By using HOOD Simply Smart Milk I know I’m feeding my kids the best in dairy.
- HOOD Simply Smart Milk is Ultra-filtered to give you the best of what milk has to offer.
- Simply Smart Milk comes from HOOD, which is a leader in high quality dairy products.
Ultra-filtered HOOD Simply Smart Milk gives you benefits that regular or skim milk simply can’t. It has more protein, more calcium, less fat, less cholesterol, and fewer calories than whole and 2% milk and has a delicious rich and creamy taste you can’t find in low-fat skim milks. It’s the perfect ingredient for making a creamy and delicious bowl of my Pumpkin Swirl Cream of wheat. Now let’s get started!When people think of cream of wheat they think ewww, boring. Most of us associate this breakfast dish with tastelessness or some sort of blob that looks like baby food. Fun fact: when made without the extras it’s GREAT for babies!
When I was growing up my mom and my grandma made this all the time. Their recipe consisted of milk and water, a little sugar or honey and cinnamon. Today I’m mixing things up just a bit by adding pumpkin butter for a warm autumn flavor.
- 2 cups HOOD Simply Smart Milk
- 1 cup of water
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup Cream of Wheat
- Pumpkin Butter spread
- slab of butter
- Bring milk and water to a boil and remove from heat.
- Season with salt, vanilla extract, cinnamon and granulated sugar.
- Gradually whisk in cream of wheat making sure to stir well until smooth and creamy or to desired consistency.
- Serve warm in individual bowls with a slab of butter and swirl in pumpkin butter to taste.
- Watch carefully when heating milk to prevent from boiling over. For thinner consistency add additional milk to the individual bowls. For thicker cereal let stand for a few minutes.
And for my local readers, HOOD will also be participating in the American Heart Association’s Hartford Heart Walk on October 14 at Rentschler Field in East Hartford, CT. Should you be available to stop by, we’d love to meet with you!
Special thank you to HOOD Simply Smart Milk for sponsoring this post.