It was a beautiful summer afternoon and while my daughter was taking her nap I was contently binge watching Downton Abbey. I can’t get enough of Mrs. Patmore and all of her amazing creations! Anyway, this is how I came about putting today’s recipe, by watching her work her magic on screen. Granted, the biscuits aren’t from scratch, Mrs. Patmore would have a fit, and I didn’t have mascarpone cheese either and I forgot to brew my tea… Other than that, I think Mrs. Patmore would’ve concur with my american version of an english afternoon menu.
- 1 package Grands buttermilk biscuits
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons fig preserves
- fresh blueberries
- Bake biscuits according to package instructions.
- Mix cheese and fig preserves until creamy.
- After biscuits are baked, spread cheese mixture on biscuits, top with berries and drizzle with honey.
SHOP AFTERNOON TEA
If you love food join my foodie community. Sign up here to receive all new delicious food posts with printable recipes!