- 4 eggs at room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 7 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- dash of kosher salt
- 2/3 cup of heavy whipping cream
- zest of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pam baking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 inch bundt cake pan with Pam baking spray and put aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment beat eggs and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 10 minutes.
- Melt butter in microwave and set aside to cool.
- In a separate medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. On low speed, add the flour mix to the egg mixture alternating with the heavy cream.
- Add melted butter, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla extract to mixture and gently stir with a spatula making sure to scrape down the sides of bowl.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake 40-45 minutes and set aside to cool in pan 5 minutes. Invert cake onto a wire rack and cool completely. Dust with powered sugar.
If you follow me on Instagram you already know how much I enjoy eating out. But it’s always better when you have wonderful home cooked meals especially the sweet kind. After returning from vacation I dove into the kitchen for a good treat. I made this super simple lemon and cream cake as a breakfast treat to accompany my larger than life cup of coffee. I assure you it really is simple to make. It’s no secret I’m a huge fan of lemons, you can see my other lemon cake recipes here and here.
Although it looks like a ton of sugar involved it’s really not a super sweet cake. It comes out very light and ever so sweet with a touch of lemon. I absolutely love it and so will you! I’ll bet you already have most, if not all, of the ingredients. Happy baking!