This weekend begins the infamous New York Fashion Week and I’m concluding this week with some fabulous ideas for sophisticated cocktails. It’s been incredibly hot here in Connecticut so I decided why not celebrate what’s left of summer with a few iconic cocktails that no girl can refuse!
- 1/4 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 oz. agave nectar
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup club soda
- coarse salt
- grapefruit wedge for garnish
- Rub rim of an 8-ounce glass with a grapefruit wedge. Pour some coarse salt onto a plate and rub the rim of the glass in the salt to coat.
- Combine grapefruit juice, lime juice, and agave nectar in prepared glass and mix. Stir in tequila, add some ice, and top off with the club soda. Garnish with grapefruit wedge.
French 75, Gin & Champagne, need I say more?..
- 1 oz. dry gin
- 3/4 oz. each of fresh lemon juice and simple syrup
- Shake ingredients together with ice and strain into a chilled champagne flute.
- Top with champagne and garnish with a twist of lemon.
And the smooth and sexy St. Germaine!
- 1/2 St. Germain
- top with Brut Rose
- fine sugar for rim, optional
- Wet rim of chilled flute and roll in fine sugar on a plate.
- Pour chilled ingredients into the chilled flute and stir gently.