Recently I shared with you a roundup of some of my favorite summer pies to try. Because baking season has officially begun I’m going to share with you exactly how to make the easiest and most perfect pie dough ever. This recipe will take away the intimidation of making pie dough from scratch and I promise you it’s so easy that you’ll never buy the prepackaged stuff again.
- 1 1/2 cups pastry flour or all purpose flour
- 10 tablespoons (1 stick plus 2 Tbsp) very cold unsalted butter diced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- dash of salt
- 3 tablespoons iced cold water
- Mix flour, sugar and salt in food processor to blend.
- Add diced butter and pulse until dough resembles coarse meal. Add water one tablespoon at a time and pulse until dough starts to gather together. Do not over mix!
- Dump dough onto a cold surface OR onto plastic wrap. Gather the dough and form into a disc. Wrap immediately with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a half hour before using or freeze.
- This recipe renders ONE crust. It can easily be doubled to make a double crust pie.
SHOP THE POST