I have a super fun recipe to share with you today. We’re making a fantastic Italian dessert with a little help from a French gadget. We’re gonna travel to France and then to Italy and you’re gonna LOVE every step of the way!I was going to split this post into two because I wanted to take the time and show you how to make coffee in a French Press but I already know my readers are pretty smart so we’ll skip the extra read. If you’ve never made your coffee this way now is the time to learn and I promise it’s really not that complicated.
- In a small sauce pan bring water to a slight simmer and then remove from heat.
- Place your coffee grounds in the french press carafe.
- Carefully pour hot water into carafe. Gently stir to make sure all coffee grounds are incorporated.
- Let brew to desired taste or for about 6 minutes to get optimal flavor.
- Place the top on the carafe and gently press down making sure to filter the coffee. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups of freshly pressed strong coffee or espresso
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract
- extra creamy vanilla ice cream or gelato
- 1/4 cup toasted almond slices
- Make coffee in a french press according to directions. Add one teaspoon almond extract and gently stir. Let brew for 6 minutes.
- Place two-three scoops of ice cream or gelato into four dessert bowls or glasses.
- Pour the hot coffee equally among each. Sprinkle with toasted almonds and serve immediately.
- Place almonds in a small pan over medium-high heat and toast until fragrant and slightly browned, about 5-6 minutes. Cool completely before using.
- Affogato is a coffee-based beverage/dessert. You can also include a shot of amaretto or other liqueur for a grown-up treat!
SHOP FRENCH PRESSES