It’s finally Friday friends! July ushers in the rise in temperatures and I have the perfect treat to keep you cool. On hot summer nights the Mr. and I often go out with the kids for dessert to local ice cream shops. But sometimes I just don’t want to be bothered. So instead of hopping in the car I just whip these up for everyone to enjoy at home while relaxing after a great meal.
- store bought vanilla ice cream
- 6-8 oz. fresh raspberries plus extra for garnish
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons Chambord liqueur
- In a small sauce pan over medium-high heat bring fresh berries, sugar and water to a boil. Mash berries with a hand potato masher to desired consistency.
- Lower heat to medium and add jam. Stir and continue to simmer for another 6 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the liqueur and stir and set aside to cool completely.
- Place ice cream in glasses or cups and drizzle with sauce and garnish with whole raspberries.
- Sauce can be made ahead and refrigerated for up to a week.
It’s incredibly simple to make and most of the ingredients you may already have on hand. It’s perfect for entertaining, just make the sauce ahead and leave in the fridge until ready to use, preferably within a week. And since store bought ice cream is the easiest thing to come by there’s really no excuse for you not to make these all summer long.
Have a fantastic weekend!