Mid-week people, we’re almost there!
Hello again my friends! Today I have another fantastic pasta dish for you to try. It’s one that you can whip up in no time!
- 1 lb. fresh or frozen Cavatelli
- 12 small hot italian sausage links
- 1-2 large bags of pre-washed/chopped kale
- 1 heaping tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese for topping
- In a large pot bring salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a deep skillet heat olive oil over medium high heat and brown sausages until plump, 7-10 minutes. Reduce heat to low, season with salt and add the minced garlic. Continue to cook covered for another 10 minutes.
- When done, drain pasta and put in the skillet with the sausages. Mix well and cover.
- Put the kale in a large pasta bowl. Pour the pasta and sausage mix ontop of the kale and season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix gently and serve immediately.
- You can easily use any other small long pasta for this dish such as rigatoni or penne.
And this is yet another reason why my kids love all sorts of vegetables. Any chance I get to mix in veggies I do it in big amounts and kale has become part of our meals on a big level. I love to cook with it and I love how it holds up to moisture. It’s a simple way to make sure we get the nutrients we need without any fuss from the kids.
Plus, spending hours on end in the kitchen after a long day is the last thing I want to do. This pasta dish is extremely easy to put together, an amazing crowd pleaser and more importantly everyone will want more! I’ve also made this dish with broccoli rabe and it’s just as amazing, if you don’t mind the bitterness.
How do you incorporate veggies into your main dishes?