If you ever feel rushed to get dinner done this is a super easy go-to dish that is sure to please everyone and get you out of the kitchen in no time flat. With Memorial Weekend upon us I thought it fitting to share with you a great recipe that is simple to put together as well as bring along to the festivities.
I love pasta and I love summer and by adding a touch of citrus this pasta dish becomes summer worthy. It brightens up the taste buds, helps pull all the flavors together and it’s a great basic main dish for just about any protein you may want on the menu!
- 1lb. dried fettuccine pasta
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- zest of one lemon
- salt & pepper to taste
- minced fresh basil leaves for garnish
- In a large pot of salted boiling water cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain pasta and return to pot. Add butter, cream, cheese and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add grated lemon zest and garnish with basil leaves. Serve immediately.
- I've made this dish with wide egg noodles as a great alternative to regular pasta.
What’s on your summer menu?