- 2 slices Rye bread, or bread of choice
- 1 egg fried over easy
- Avocado slices
- 1 slice white american cheese
- Kale leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fry your egg in 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Layer all ingredients on toasted and buttered bread slices.
- Using arugula instead of kale and adding tomatoes are also another great option.
- You can also skip the butter and use olive oil and a little balsamic vinegar for a mediterranean take!
If there is one thing I enjoy making in the kitchen it’s meals that are easy, quick, healthy and satisfying. Whether for breakfast, lunch or dinner this is the go-to meal!
Eating avocados since childhood this was easy to put together. Usually I’ll have a few slices between crusty french bread with a drizzling of extra virgin olive oil and lots of salt and pepper for a quick snack. But making it with the egg on toasted rye and kale becomes a heartier meal!
Feel free to change up the toppings. For those on the avocado craze this one’s for you!