Champagne and more champagne for this blogging girl! Oh, and some chocolate goodies too…
As I continue the week celebrating my One Year Blogaversary I wanted to share with you another favorite little recipe, my Chocolate Brownie Squares. Really, any excuse to open up a beautiful bottle of spumante and gorge on some chocolate goodies is always on the fore. So, cheers to you, my lovely readers, followers and fans, hope you enjoy this one!
- 10 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup, plus 2 Tablespoons, unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure Vanilla Extract
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 confectioner's sugar
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- Position rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 325 degrees. Line bottom of baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl combine butter, sugar, cocoa powder and salt. Microwave on high for 20-30 seconds at a time, making sure to stir and blend well in between heating sessions until it's completely smooth and shiny. Set aside until the mixture is only warm, not hot.
- Stir in vanilla and dash of red pepper flakes. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each.
- Add the flour and stir until well blended. Spread evenly in the lined pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out slightly moist with batter, 20-25 minutes. Let cool completely on a rack.
- Slice into squares of desired size. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar and serve with fresh raspberries and a fabulous glass of champagne!
- I use an 8' x 8' pan to cut out bigger slices, about 10 squares, but you can easily use a 9x11 baking dish for smaller servings, approximately yielding 16 squares.
- Stack with wax paper in between and store in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.
Sequins Top, J. Crew Factory, on sale now!
I thought to include this recipe since most of you will be heading out for your own festivities in the coming weeks. It is simple, delicious and super pretty. The best thing is you can whip it up in no time, with or without nuts. Besides, who doesn’t love brownies! Package these beauties and hand out as gifts at work or school in pretty little plastic gift bags tied with a big ribbon. The colors, the presentation and of course the taste will have you become everyone’s new BFF.
I’m so glad you stopped by today and I hope you all have a great weekend. Don’t forget to enter the Blogaversary Giveaway, if you haven’t already, for your chance to win some nice Starbucks gifts, it ends Monday night!