In the middle of a heat wave nothing is more refreshing to me than an ice cold glass of the classic gin & tonic!
Classic Gin & Tonic
A refreshing summer drink!
Write a review
- a handful of Tonic water ice cubes
- Two shots of Gin (recommended, Tanqueray)
- 4 oz. of tonic water (recommended, Schweppes)
- a wedge of lime, freshly squeezed
- Place ice cubes in a double old fashioned glass, filling almost to the top.
- Add the Gin, then the tonic water and finish with a squeeze of lime juice.
- Garnish with a wedge of lime. Drink immediately.
- To make tonic ice cubes, simply fill an empty ice cube tray with tonic water and let the cubes freeze. Covered well, the cubes will remain fresh-tasting in the freezer for at least a few weeks.
Lady Diana's Pearls http://ladydianaspearls.com/
This drink is one of my favorite summer drinks. I love the smooth tanginess that the lime and tonic water provides. In a hot summer afternoon this drink really does wonders for the soul!