Chicken Piccata is one of my favorite chicken dishes and by far one of the easiest to make. Any given night this is my “go to” dinner meal. Once you make this dish, you will have to agree.
- 4-6 small to medium size boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup all purpose Flour
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 cup Chicken stock or White Wine
- one 3.5 oz jar of brined Capers, drained
- Juice of half Lemon
- Mix flour, cheese and salt and pepper on a shallow dish or bowl. Dredge chicken in the flour mixture and coat well.
- Heat olive oil and 2 Tablespoons of butter in a skillet on medium heat. Add half of the chicken pieces to the skillet. Brown well on each side, about 3 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the pan and reserve on a plate. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Return all the chicken pieces to skillet and add the remaining 2 Tablespoons of butter, chicken broth or wine, lemon juice and the capers. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer on low until broth thickens.
- Serve over rice or pasta and spoon sauce over. Enjoy!
This meal is super easy and so full of flavor. I paired it with rice pilaf but you can skip the rice or pasta if you’re counting calories. Instead, you can have the chicken with a side of cooked veggies. What’s your “go to” weeknight meal?